Sunday, April 20, 2008

Impressions...

The memories you have when you hear a song, or smell or taste that reminds of you another time - NOT!

I'm talking about the impression made on the face of your opponent when she gets hit by the ball, or the bruise on the ribs of a forward trying to penetrate our defense or the strawberry on Hannah Hartfords knee as she dove for a ball going out of bounds and landed on the concrete! THAT's WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Hannah, who came off the bench and played awesome! Taylor Crowell who went out with a knee injury, later to come back in and battle even harder. Bethany and Taylor crushing the LOSC forward to squash a rally. (there was a whistle but hey, they made a point)
Remember the Mia Hamm quote; "You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again”
Do you think LOSC will remember us? This holds true now, more than ever as we face FC today. We have to put the 'Pedal to the Metal' against these guys. They want it bad (according to a few FC parents I ran into last night) but we want it worse! (I almost said badder!) I feel we are more prepared, better coached and a more physical team.

The time is now for me to stop talking and for Sodium to put their cleats where my mouth is! (sort of, I guess) What I'm really saying is this; "This what you've worked so hard for, let's go out this Sunday and leave it all on the field, no regrets, no remorse, no reserves, and leave an impression on FC they won't soon forget. But mainly, let's have some fun!"

I hold my head up proudly when I talk about about this team, the players, their sacrifices, their coach and club. Whatever the outcome I always will.

You ARE the team. You are SODIUM!

If it is to be, it's up to me

No comments: