Monday, August 6, 2007

Inspirational Note

I have played on State Championship baseball teams (3), and coached teams that have come close (1). I have played and coached football for many years and won many league championships (3).

In those years I have learned what it means to be, and what it takes to be, a championship team.

As a coach you dream of having a group of players who share the same work ethics, desires and motivations. Who understand the meaning of getting “Up” for a game and need little help getting there. I would take a team full of heart & desire over one full of talent 365 days a year. This, Sodium players, parents and coach, is what we have before us.
I have seen in the games leading to this point more blood, sweat, tears and heart than in several of the teams I’ve coached. I have seen these girls pull together when the chips were down and never give up. What these girls have is something special, very special. We have a team of winners.

Being a winner is not always about having the best players, but having the players that play their best together. It’s about motivating each and every girl on the team to be their very best. Ultimately, it’s about getting our eleven girls to play better than their eleven. It starts in the heart. It starts in the coach. It starts at home.

The 2007 season is upon us. We are at a time when we can choose our own destiny. We can ride the coattails of last seasons championship, or we can rise above it and prove to each and every team that takes the field against us, that we are CHAMPIONS, we are WINNERS, we are SODIUM, we are BACK IN BLACK!

I will get off my locker room pulpit and hit the showers. But before I go I want to leave you with a quote:

“I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.”
Mia Hamm


GO SODIUM!

No comments: