Tuesday, August 7, 2007

BACK IN BLACK - credit due

Some of you have applauded the "Back In Black" reference from the previous post. I can not take credit for coining the phrase "Back In Black" when referring to the team. Although I believe we look and play better in black (of course who can argue with a 10-0 shut out in white?) I can not take any responsibility.

The "Back In Black" label was coined, to the best of my recollection, by none other than team co-captains Bailey & Bethany Hall. We were walking across field #5 at the REC after the first shut out victory in the United Cup. I looked at the girls and said something like, "Well Sodium is definitely back this year!", they both looked at me and said, "We're Back In Black!"
BANG! - how perfect! A reference to a Hard Hitting, In Your Face, Never Give Up rock and roll band describing our team. (I hope) We all remember the rock band AC/DC who sang this tune. They were loud, hard hitting, relentless, fearless and in your face. They gave 110% every show. Much like the way we play.
So, thank you Bailey and Bethany, for another addition to this great team.

GO SODIUM

No comments: